About Me

My photo
I look at life with detachment and distance, like a window shopper. Not only I study the window but also my own reflections in it.

I only have fraction of a second to live!

Thursday, March 17, 2005 2 comments

The most taken-for-granted of but most elusive of concept is "Time". All that is sure is this present instance of blink - rest of time - past or future is a creation of our mental circuits.
Read Further on ...
Buddhism teaches us to savour the present instant intensely - with total mindfulness - because that alone is reality - rest is Maya (virtual reality). Its surprising that 3-D Space can be physically seen, but linearity of Arrow of Time relies on Memory. For a persons who has lost Memory - there is only "Now" without any arrow of Time.
Hey! Hey! The same is true for a person who has lost his eyesight - he cannot see 3-D space. He can experience the spot he is in - rest is a mental construct stored in Memory.
So both Time and Space are totally local - a 4-D Time-space is a conceptual construct.
I have lot of questions about Time. Please see next post.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

2 comments: to “ I only have fraction of a second to live! so far...

  • Anonymous March 18, 2005 3:46 AM
     

    I believe that once we are not physical (i.e. dead), time, distance and msss merge into one, and we can instantly (or may be at velocity of light) be anywhere in time or space. Although, as living we have an instinct to survive, we would be happy once we move to the non-physical entity - because we can be anywhere in time and space. I think we will have to wait until death to solve this puzzle of time, space and mass

  • Girish Bhatnagar March 18, 2005 5:44 PM
     

    Thanks for Leaving a comment.
    I agree. Death is not to be feared. I hope when I am lying on deathbed, I will have courage to ignore the fear and pain and concentrate on learning the last journey. Please see my other blog for similar experience I had : Girish Bhatnagar

Post a Comment