About Me

My photo
I look at life with detachment and distance, like a window shopper. Not only I study the window but also my own reflections in it.

Birth in reverse , is a form of Death

Sunday, March 20, 2005 4 comments

Laws of Physics are time reversible. A series of snapshots of a Mass starting from rest pushed by a force - can as well be seen in reverse as a moving mass being brought to rest by an opposing force. Would then any law be violated if a dead man rises from his grave, becomes younger by the day and ends up back in womb? I think the person would have as humdrum a life - as us mortals. Birth in reverse is another form of Death.
This property of Time-reversibilty of Laws is called Time-Invariance or T-invariance in short. The example of mass above is a bit too simplistic - but not very much off. But Thermodynamics does have a arrow of time embedded in its second law - that entropy (another name for disorder)would increase with time. Thus dead man rising from grave would violate law of increasing entropy.
At sub-atomic level even if this law of thermodynamics gets violated, it does not violate any law of physics - only in reality this normally doesn't happen. This is called Weak-T-Invariance.
T-Invariance-Violation is reported to have been observed in decay of a particle called Neutral Kaons. But I don't agree with this. I would tell you why in my next post!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin

4 comments: to “ Birth in reverse , is a form of Death so far...

  • Anonymous March 21, 2005 9:23 AM
     

    How long do you think each day to generate a new daily thought on this most complex phenomenon?

  • Girish Bhatnagar March 21, 2005 4:52 PM
     

    Thanks for your interest. I do hold a job requiring an input of 10-12 hours a day. On weekends mostly, I work 2 to 3 hours a day on this. On weekdays during my morning walk and lunch-time I spend about one hour on this project. I do have accumulated notes since 1990 - which run into a big stack of notebooks and Index Cards.

  • Anonymous March 22, 2005 2:30 AM
     

    I wish I could piggyback a photon and watch what goes around me. Let us think of a simpler experiment.

    Think that I sit in a spaceship with very large amount of superfuel. I carry lot of food and start my journey away from earth accelerating at "2g" rate, planning not to return or land anywhere. If I just keep accelerating at this rate, I would achieve half of velocity of light in about 50 years. By then (assuming I do not gain or lose weight) my mass would have increased by about 15 percent. I am just wondering, how would I feel at that point. Will my wrist watch be running really slower? Will electric circuits in me also be running slower so I won't notice the change. If I continue accelerating, will my rocket work (assuming it is powerful enough to accelerate my increasing mass) as I get even higher velocity. I know I can't reach full velocity of light, but I will be satisfied with 75 or 90 percent. Will I notice anything?

    ...Jaspal

  • Tom@Funeral Homes Salt Lake City February 15, 2012 2:04 AM
     

    I find the section on reverse birth as another form of death extremely unique. I'm not sure I can fully grasp it right now because I've never heard of something like it. Hmmm.

Post a Comment